Bilateral Program(BP) includes scholarships in accordance with educational exchange agreements or MOUs between the Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities and international organizations.
BP supports undergraduate programs, master’s programs, doctoral programs, general scholar programs and senior scholar programs. Applicants should consult the dispatching authorities in the home countries for the programs available and for the specific deadline of each year, and apply to the dispatching authorities in due time.
For supporting your scholarship application, you are welcome to apply for HUST Pre-admission Letterin two ways:
1) Apply online at http://admission.hust.edu.cn/ , choose "I am applying for the Pre-admission Letter" and upload the required document.
2) Or submit the document in hard copies to the International Student Admission Office.
We will issue the HUST Pre-admission Letter in 5 working days upon receiving your documents.
For more details, please click http://iso.hust.edu.cn/index.php/Admissions/HUSTPALetter
Application Guide for Bilateral Program
1. Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a hard copy.
Please choose HUST as your only Preference of institution.
2. Apply for HUST Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate upon receiving the Award Letter for CGS Candidate.
With this Pre-admission Letter, your choice of HUST will be respected. Or HUST would be replaced with another university in accordance with the admission scheme by China Scholarship Council (CSC).
3. A package of complete application documents must be submitted to the dispatching authorities in your home countries before the deadline. Please check the detailed checklist at Bilateral Program
4. Neither CSC nor HUST is entitled to accept the applications for Bilateral Program directly. Please DO NOT submit your application to CSC or HUST directly.Only applications of recommended candidates from dispatching authorities will be considered.
Tracking the Admission Procedures
CSC will send, before July 31st, the List of Scholarship Winners, Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the Chinese Embassy (Consulate General), who will forward the documents to the dispatching authorities for overseas study or the scholarship winners.
International Student Office
Huazhong University of Science and Technology
International Student Office：http://iso.hust.edu.cn