To all international students:
In order to evaluate the comprehensive performances of Scholarship students and guarantee the benefits of the scholarship, in accordance with relevant requirements, the university carries out the annual review of Scholarship for the 2021/2022 school year. The relevant arrangements are as follows:
I. The scope of participants
All International students who enjoy scholarship, except for those graduating in 2021 Spring Semester, are required to participate in the evaluation. Including Chinese Government Scholarship, MOFCOM Scholarship, and HUST Scholarship.
Please note those who fail to submit the application for review before the due date will be regarded as abandoning the qualification of the Scholarship.
IⅠ. Evaluation content and evaluation opinions
The ethical behavior, academic performance, learning/scientific attitude, and activity performance during the 2020/2021 academic year.
The evaluation opinions are divided into qualified and unqualified. For unqualified students, suggestions for suspension of scholarship or cancellation of scholarship will be given.
In one of the following circumstances, the scholarship qualification will be suspended:
1) Undergraduate students who have not acquired the required credits and crossed the red line for expulsion from the university.
2) Graduates who fail in the degree course;
3) Students who get penalty or punishment due to violation of Chinese laws or disciplines and university regulations will be deprived of their scholarship in accordance with the severity of their behaviors.
4) Other circumstances where the involved students are not suitable to continue to be eligible for scholarship and the scholarship status should be suspended.
Students whose scholarship are suspended automatically turn into self-supported students. If they make great progress in both study and performance in the study period, they can apply for recommencement of the scholarship at the end of the next academic year.
In one of the following circumstances, the scholarship qualification will be cancelled:
1) Students who are expelled from the university and disqualified from student status.
2) Students who do not pass the annual evaluation of the scholarship twice in accumulation during the study period at the university.
3) Students who do not participate in the annual scholarship evaluation;
4) Other circumstances where the involved students are not suitable to continue to be eligible for scholarship and the scholarship status should be cancelled.
Students whose scholarship are cancelled will have their living allowance terminated from the date when the disqualification of scholarship is announced, which will not be reinstated.
III. Review process
1. International Students login “online application and service system for international student” (Instruction Manual can be found in the attachment), and fill in the form including three aspects of performances (Observe rules and regulations, Academic performance, Participation in activities) truthfully and completely then submit the application before April 30, 2021). And academic performance should be filled more than 500 characters.
2. The relevant Schools will conduct a comprehensive review and give relevant opinions based on the content submitted by the students and their daily performances before submitting to School of International Education for the further review. Students need not to contact supervisor or school directly.
3. School of International Education will organize experts to further review and then submit the review opinion to the university for approval before submitting to China Scholarship Council. China Scholarship Council will give the final review conclusion.
4. Those who fail to submit the application for review before the due date will be regarded as abandoning the qualification of the Scholarship.
IⅤ. Evaluation results
The annual scholarship review results will be announced at School of International Education (iso.hust.edu.cn).
Mrs. Wu, Tel.: 87993026
Mrs. Hong, Mr. Qin, Mrs. Zhou
Tel.: 83692920 or 83691553
Submission online and system service issues
Mr. Yao, Wechat: 346137715
Appendix：International Student Service Instruction - Scholarship Annual Evaluation
International Student Office, SIE-HUST
Source: School of International Education of HUST